Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


44 Cook Street, Suite 100

Denver, CO 80206

Seeking Visitation Rights with Baby

What rights do I have? My ex-girlfriend and I had a baby in September. We are no longer together,but I want to have a relationship with my daughter I do not get along with her parents and the only way she will let me see her is if I go to her parents house and visit her, she wont let me pick up the baby. It is very uncomfortable and very hard to establish a relationship. Her parents got her an attorney and had me served with papers to agree to giving her full custody and limited visitation with them supervising it! I have 24days to respond and I dont know what to do,or what course of action I should take. Please Help. Thank You.

You definitely have rights. Do NOT sign anything. You will need to go to court to get an allocation of parental responsibility which will determine decision making and parenting time as well as child support.