Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


44 Cook Street, Suite 100

Denver, CO 80206

Paternal Rights for New Child

On May 28th 2005 my wife and I had our first child. In the passing week, she has decided that she no longer wants to be together. She wants to move her and my little boy down to Texas. That is where her family is. What rights do I have? I’m the only source of income, I provide the medical insurance for both. She is not a US citizen or resident? I want to know what rights I have as a fathers. I really need help. she is now keeping the child from me. Any information would be helpful.

You need to file for a legal separation or divorce immediately. By so doing, an automatic injuction goes into effect which prohibits either party from removing the children from the state of Colorado without consent or a court order.