Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


44 Cook Street, Suite 100

Denver, CO 80206

Past Due Child Support and Collection

My child is Married so my case is about Back Child Support, in the ‘said’ amount of 94,000. Do all the same rules apply, like Garnishments. Can my x-common-law wife Deliberately wait to come after me so she can get the interest and use this for her retirement ? Thanks, Signed ‘I need help’

Dear I need help-

Short answer to your question is yes, your x-wife can come after you. If she already has a judgment for that amount or any amount plus interest at the rate of 12% per MONTH, it is valid for 20 years in the state of Colorado. Once a judgment is obtained, all of the normal collection remedies such as garnishment would be available to her.