Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


44 Cook Street, Suite 100

Denver, CO 80206

Modify a non-modifiable alimony order?

My finance was separated in 2009 and divorced Aug. 2011. He lost his job in Nov. 2013 and has not been able to get one and we just found out his ex wife got remarried last week. She lives in Virginia, he has been here in Colorado since 2009. Although his alimony is non-modifiable and he pays $3500.00 a month, does he have any rights to have it adjusted or cancelled? It has become a hardship over the last 2 years. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Unfortunately, there is nothing your fiancee can do. A non-modifiable order is just that….non-modifiable… no matter what happens.