Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


44 Cook Street, Suite 100

Denver, CO 80206

How do I pay my Maintenance?

If you or your child’s other parent have experienced job loss due to the spread of COVID-19 or the wider public safety measures put into effect, you are not alone. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, unemployment claims are at record highs.

If you have lost your job  or had a significant reduction in hours and are unable to pay court ordered maintenance t you must act now. You must immedately file a Motion to Modify your maintenance  since any modification is retroactive to the date of filing the motion, and not the date you lost your job.   Do not wait to file!    Act now!   Any delay in filing will cost you money since you will be obligated to continue to pay the court ordered amount until the court orders otherwise.  Even if you can’t pay the full amoiunt, continue to pay something so that you can show the court that you are making a good faith effort.

The family  law firm of Sharon D. Liko, P.C. can help with your concerns.  Call (303) 534-4888 or contact us online to speak with a  family law attorney today.