Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


44 Cook Street, Suite 100

Denver, CO 80206

Child Support Termination and College

I was divorced in 1989 and have been paying child support. My daughter turns 19 in Jan and is a full time student. I filed for termination of child support due to emancipation. My ex has filed for Post secondary education expenses. There is no mention of this in my original orders which have not been modified. Can I be ordered to pay?

If your separation agreement did NOT provide for payment of post secondary education expenses, and the decree was entered prior to 1997, then NO your wife cannot get a court order requiring you to contribute.