Have a Question?

Visit our Q&A page and Get Answers.


44 Cook Street, Suite 100

Denver, CO 80206

Can Wages be Garnished for Divorce Asset Arrangements?

My ex-husband and I divorced 4 years ago. 6 years ago we purchased a time-share. In the divorce decree, it states we will share the responsibility of the loan and yearly maintenance fees. In the past 5 months, he has not paid for his portion of the loan or the past two years of maintenance. He has stated he refuses to give me any money. Can I get his wages garnished for these amounts?

You will need to get a judgment against your x-husband for the amounts that you are owed. Once you get a judgment, you can garnish his wages.